Welding Inspector Courses
Welding inspection certification courses offered by Gamma NDT Academy includes CSWIP and AWS.
CSWIP 3.1 and CSWIP 3.2 are UK Certifications for welding inspectors.
AWS (American Welding Society) is the American certification for welding inspection jobs.
CSWIP or AWS certifications are mandatory to work as a welding inspector / supervisor in any industries. AWS courses are relatively easier compared to the CSWIP courses. However, only one of these internationally accepted certifications are necessary for a welding inspector.
Both welding inspection courses will cover detailed study of all the welding specifications and codes. We offer very insights into highly specialized welding training program like industrial pipe welding and under water welding training .
Welding Certification Course Objectives
- To be familiar with aspects which have an impact on the quality of fusion welds in steels
- To understand properties of regularly used welding procedures with regards to quality control
- To interpret drawing guidelines and symbols to make sure that standards are maintained
- To setup and report on assessment of welds , macrosections along with other mechanical tests
- To examine and report on welds to acceptance levels
- To make sure inbound material meets required specifications and identify the influence on weld quality of departure from specification
- To stay in a position to pass the Welding Inspector tests
The attributes required by the Senior Welding Inspector are varied and the emphasis on certain attributes and skills may differ from project to project. Essentially though the Senior Welding Inspector will require leadership skills, technical skills and experience.
A number of factors make up the technical skills required by the Senior Welding Inspector and these are a knowledge of:
- Normative documents
Experience Required for a Senior Welding Inspector
A senior welding inspector shall have all the below mentioned qualities and experience.
- Knowledge of technology
- Knowledge of normative documents
- Experienced in planning and inspection
- Ability to manage inspections within allotted time frame
- Ability quality/auditing
- Man management
- Leadership qualities